The usual response when I receive yet another parcel in the post!



Thursday 11 August 2011

ASL - Heroes at Leros - FT166

Pete and I continued this after a week break. The British push for the building objective whilst trying to stop the German reinforcements from reaching the building as well.

Helped with some good luck, which included the building defenders MMG breaking, I managed to get some units into the building to Close Combat a half squad defender with a leader. This turned into a melee. In Petes last turn he did not get any further units into the building and I broke the just rallied squad with some hero and leader directed fire. The melee ended up in mutal slaughter. The only survivors being my squad that had been prisioners.

My last turn, Pete failed to rally his broken squad in  the building. This left the building being denied to me wby an 8-0 leader. I advanced everything against him, and though the germans fired with everything to stop my boys from getting adjacent to the 8-0, enough did to get a 6 to 1 CC on him, and kill him to win the building and the game. So a last die roll win.

I enjoyed the game but not the scenario itself. Though I won, it was through some errors in the scenario setup by Pete and throgh some good rolls at key times on my part. Pete put his foxholes adjacent to the building, which was outside his setup area. Neither of us twigged until turn 3, by then to late to shift them. These foxholes gratly assisted the British assault on the building. Without them I would have been shot to pieces.

I would give this scenario a poor rating as it does seem to be poorly designed in other places too.

A one star scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment